So, you should update the motherboard drivers regularly and properly. Keep reading this article to get a detailed guide to downloading, installing, and updating motherboard drivers. The drivers that are most essential include network drivers, chipset drivers, sound drivers, video drivers, and Wi-Fi drivers. These are the ones you should install first if you don’t want to face any performance issues. Therefore, it can be beneficial to update your motherboard drivers periodically to take full advantage of these advances.
The best driver updater is one that works automatically and is built and maintained by a trusted provider. While there are some great free driver updater options out there, you want to be sure you’re getting your updates from a reputable source like AVG. You should regularly update core drivers that your computer uses everyday. These include Windows drivers, audio drivers, graphics drivers, and network drivers. These four driver types underpin most of your computer’s critical functions, from its operating system and internet access to its audio and visual performance. DriverFix is a good option if you’re looking for one of the best free driver tools available.
Direct Driver Installation vs Drivers That Require Special Installations
Sometime later I had a pop up from Malwarebytes that blocked a malicious website, procrpt.updrv.com, and underneath were the words DriveTheLife. It seems the website does not exist, but I removed the programme, I will download it again and see what happens, and check the pop up more carefully as to what it says. However, it is not a serious problem as our developers said. So just take it easy, there won’t be any malicious files in our software.
And to make sure you’re always able to get the most out of every project, downloadable creative and education software is available, too. Select ‘Synaptics Pointing Device’ option and click on next to complete the driver installation. You will now need to select the driver you downloaded earlier by clicking on the ‘Browse my computer’ option. As PC notebooks become more sophisticated, so too do their security requirements.
How to update your drivers and when you need to
How the driver works with a search in files and folders. As the name suggests, system filter drivers work with file systems.
- But all driver updates are important, even when Windows calls them ‘optional’.
- It performs automatic sorting according to the name, size, and creation date of each file.
- This is to prevent an exploit attack, Rocketdrivers which is a type of attack where hackers and cybercriminals find loopholes in obsolete software and gain unauthorized access to your PC.
- Many times when there’s a new update, it might take some time for it to arrive at Microsoft.
- MacBook users who prefer to use Windows have long had to rely on third-party drivers (i.e. not officially from Microsoft) to provide similar functionality.